How long does it take to get a nursing degree, everyone has questions in his/her mind who want to become a nurse.
To take a nursing degree you have to go though various types of courses that is diploma certificate or Associate’s Diploma Nursing (ADN) and degree certificate program of nursing or Bachelor Science in Nursing (BSN).
And how long it will take to become a nurse, its all depend on your path which path you are pursuing.
Associate’s nursing diploma program requires 1year to 3 years to complete, and for Bachelor Science in Nursing Degree requires upto 4 years to complete this course. And work as a professional nurse.
If you are going with shorter path that is associate’s degree in nursing (ADN) or diploma certificate of nursing program that are:-
Axillary Nursing Midwife (ANM)
General Nursing Midwife (GNM) Or LPNs or LVNs.
These nursing program duration is 1 year to 3 years to complete nursing and work as a nursing profession.
But if your are going with nursing degree certificate program in which Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing(BSN) or (BSC in Nursing).
These programs are degree certificate program of nursing. Requires your high school certificate with biology chemistry and physics certification to join this nursing program.
And duration of course is 4 years, to complete for assigning as a Registered Nurse.
How quickly can I get a nursing degree?
If you want to take a nursing degree fast and quickly this is possible though nursing associate’s diploma program (ADN) this requires 1-3 years to complete and in some nursing school its duration is 2 years.
Licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and licensed vocational nurses (LVNs)
The shorter way to get a nursing diploma is Licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses and this must complete a state-approved educational program, which normally takes about 1 year to complete. They should be licensed. And these are only basic, most entry-level of the licensed nursing positions.
Licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) provide basic nursing care.
Like vitals monitoring, survey conduct, gather Health information of people, Giving Health education to society and help in Basic nursing procedure in clinical settings as BLS reported.
How long does it take to become a nurse
To become a nurse your must follow the steps
- Step 1 – Passed Basic Secondary High School Certificate With Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Step 2 – Enroll in entrance exam of nursing certificate in any Universities or nursing colleges.
- Step 3 – After passing entrance exam certificate. Search for nursing program or nursing courses. Such as association diploma nursing (ADN) Or Bachelor Science in Nursing (BSN) certificate.
- Step 4 – Apply for any nursing courses like ADN or BSN certificate.
- Step 5 – Continue spend of 1year to 4 years in nursing school to learn theoretical nursing and practical clinical nursing as well means complete your nursing course.
- Step 6 – Get a state board of BSN degree certificate from National Council of State Boards of Nursing.
- Step 7 – Join in NCLEX – RN exam certificate to get a Registered Clinical Nurse certificate. These Exam are two types NCLEX-PN :- this is for practical/vocational nurse that is most shorter way to get a nursing degree fast. NCLEX- RN :- For Registered Nurses (RNs), who need additional education and have greater responsibility like (BSN)
- Step 8 – You will become a nurse after obtaining an RN Registered Nurse degree from NCLEX.
FAQ To Get a Nursing Degree
Associate’s degree programs, which provide entry-level opportunities, usually take two years.
A bachelor’s degree program takes four years.
Master’s degree programs generally require two years after BSN program.
It usually takes about 2 – 4 years to get a nursing degree.
Masters degree takes 2 years after Bachelors degree.
Bachelor degree of nursing requires 4 years to complete.
It’s usually take 1-3 years to take a LPN or LVNs nurse.
It usually takes about upto 4 years get a registered nurse licence from NCLEX-RN.
And 1-3 years to get a Registered Nurse Licence from NCLEX-PN.
The diploma and LPN or LVNs nursing program takes 1 – 2 years to complete.
Have you read this short and precise article about how long to become a nurse. Than I think you have clear your doubts regarding nursing degree and courses and it’s time to complete.